Sep 7, 2011

For Labor Day weekend we went to Island Park to my parents cabin. It was a really nice get away (and I really needed it). It's so nice that it is only about 1 1/2 hours away. The boys had fun shooting their guns, riding the 4-wheelers and skipping rocks in the water. Sunday, we traveled up to Sawtelle Mountain. It is this huge mountain with a satellite that looks like a big golf ball. Donnie and the boys had never been there and I was excited to show them. Haedon was nervous going up the mountain which surprised me because I thought he was the fearless one. Nash would walk right up to the end of the mountain. It was a little scary for me as a mom. It was a beautiful day and the ski was so clear.

Where we were headed.


Henry's Lake

Nash with no fear.

Carter thought it would be fun running down one side but it was a little scarier then he thought.

The boys before we went to the scary side of the mountain.

Donnie and I on the scary side.

The boys found a tree cricket. It was pretty neat and I thought it was funny that it matched Carter's shirt.

Afterwards we went to Big Springs to check out the fish. I wish the boys could have seen it when I was little there were so many fish.
Posted my a mountain climbing mom.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow that looks like a lot of work climbing. Glad you all made it. what an awesome view. You guys do such fun stuff.

Katie said...

We drove you silly. There was no way I would walk or climb that with 4 kids.

Roxanne said...

Really nice pictures! As always.. you guys are building wonderful memories with those boys! Love you all!