Every year I ask myself, "Do I really want to can?" And every year I do. This year I bought three boxes because last year I didn't can pears. The boys love pears and they would choose them over peaches any day. So, this year I had to can even though it has been a very, very crazy month, week, year. I was able to get 6 batches done on Tuesday between work and mutual and then my mom came up and help finish the last box for another 2 batches. Over all I had canned 56 jars on pears. It is so nice to see the finish product and maybe that is why I do this to myself every year. The boys will love having pears instead of peaches for dinner and next year I'll probably have to can peaches (it is a never ending cycle).

Posted by a pear canning mom.
Posted by a pear canning mom.
6 comments:
They look beautiful! Isn't that the best feeling to step back and look at that? I'm learning that for the first time this year. I'm in the middle of canning a bit of salsa right now. It's a great feeling.
Whatever. You're just trying to make the rest of us look bad. :) You better watch out, though. You do to good and the prophet will ask you to head up the church's canning department. Cause I'm going to tell them. And they listen to me. Cause I'm important.
I honestly believe that your kids are the luckiest on the planet.
sooo- you should start entering some of your products in the fair... that would be cool! You busy busy girl! Love you!
That is awesome!!! I'm lazy I just buy them at the store!
I know the feeling. Nothing better than seeing the finished product and then enjoying all year long. love mom
Post a Comment