One of the things that I can do and that I love doing is running. I remember when I was in Junior High and Mr. Wolfe convinced me to be on the Cross Country team and I don't know what I was thinking. I really didn't like it and sometimes I can still remember the feeling and smells that I had when I was running (not so fun). I thought that I would never want to do that again. I never ran in High School and I was totally fine with that. Only after about 20 years did I start running again. At first it was a way that I could get out of the house and relieve my stress from the day and I could get a good workout in. Now I run for fun, if you can call it that. It just makes me feel good and when I finish even a small run after a long day, I feel that I've accomplished something for me. This last weekend I was surrounded by wonderful woman that love it as much as I do. We ran 180 miles through Island Park and over the Pass to Jackson, WY. Many times after a race you will be asked if you would ever do it again and many people say no. In this case I would do it in a heart beat. It was the best experience and I would love to do it again. I was worried about a few things, like running 6.3 miles in the dark Friday night but that was the best run that I had and I can't believe that I concord that fear. I'm so proud of myself and the women that I ran with, hopefully we'll do it again next year.
Posted by a runner mom.
Posted by a runner mom.



1 comment:
You are supermom! Good job!
Post a Comment