Sep 9, 2010

From Old to New

I am helping a friend do sewing projects for Relief Society in October and she asked me if I could check out some sewing blogs. She sent me a great list and I started checking them out. I am always up for using things around the house and not spending much or any money at all. One blog showed how to change a plain shirt into something a little more fancy. I couldn't wait to get started so I went in search of some shirts. To bad I just sent a bag of shirts to DI but I was not going to let that stop me. I found some shirts in the bottom of my drawer and started right away. This is what I did:

The shirt had some stains but I really liked it. Well, I found a shirt the exact color that I don't wear and cut it up for the ruffles. I can't wait to wear it.
Me sporting my old, new shirt.

This shirt had long sleeves. I cut them off and use them to make the ruffle. The picture showed the shirt with buttons down the front, I just haven't decided if I want to add any.

Thanks to http://tearosehome.blogspot.com/2010/03/tutorialruffle-shirt-why-not-vertical.html. I will be going through all my clothes seeing what I can do. There are a lot of things you can do to change your girl's clothes around and get more use out of them. Unfortunately, I'll just have to try everything myself.
Posted by a sewing mom. (I love my new shirts)

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

It appears I may have to check your blog more often. Fun stuff here. I love the shirts, they are so cute--they got new life breathed into them.
Congrats on the run! It looks so fun.
I sometimes miss Lagoon.
When in the world do you have time for sewing and stuff?

Cox Family said...

You are sooooo talented! Those shirts are really cute!

Jacqueline Clark said...

So me and Valeigha have decided that we might want you to help us make some of those shirts. :) You're shirt was too cute!