Jun 12, 2013

6th Grade Band

Whenever a student goes to 6th Grade they have to choose their electives. They have to choose between choir and band.  I played in the band from 6th grade until 9th grade and then I joined the choir my Junior year in High School.  Donnie has been singing since he was a kid so we didn't really care what Blake decided. He could have been a band geek or a choir nerd, it really didn't matter to us.  Anyways, Blake chose band and Papa let me barrow his Coronet (it is a small trumpet).  I wasn't sure if Blake would like it and if he would even bother to practice, but he amazed me.  He was practicing every night and he worked really hard at being good.  I am so proud of him and the accomplishment he has achieved.  The band teacher wants him to switch over to a french horn and Blake's really excited about it.  I think he would have switched over the next day if we had a french horn for him.
 Posted by a band geek mom.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

We as a family are so blessed to have music in our hearts and in our lives.... love that Blake has done so well! And I'm just gonna say right now- I bet Carter chooses choir! :)