Donnie and Blake were able to go to the Encampment this year. The boys left Wednesday morning at 7:45 and didn't come home until Saturday morning. It was great that the drive only took about 15 minutes from our home. I think the only thing they would complain about was that there was no trees and the weather was super hot. Having Donnie and Blake out of the house made things actually calmer or I was calmer because I didn't really have to make a nice dinner. Carter, Haedon, and Nash could really careless about dinner being fancy.
It was Blake's first really camp trip with his scout group and I'm sure they had a lot of fun. Blake was able to do the climbing wall, shoot a shotgun, and ride the BMX track. After hearing about all the broken bones that the BMX bike track was causing, I'm grateful to report that Blake didn't brake any bone in his body. He did come home with a really bad lip sunburn. Donnie said that it was pretty bad the morning that he woke up, I wish that he would have taken a picture. I think all the boys that were there and the leaders earned the President Monson award. It is pretty cool and on Sunday they wore then to church. It was really nice to see them all wearing them together.
Posted by a proud mom.
It was Blake's first really camp trip with his scout group and I'm sure they had a lot of fun. Blake was able to do the climbing wall, shoot a shotgun, and ride the BMX track. After hearing about all the broken bones that the BMX bike track was causing, I'm grateful to report that Blake didn't brake any bone in his body. He did come home with a really bad lip sunburn. Donnie said that it was pretty bad the morning that he woke up, I wish that he would have taken a picture. I think all the boys that were there and the leaders earned the President Monson award. It is pretty cool and on Sunday they wore then to church. It was really nice to see them all wearing them together.
Posted by a proud mom.




1 comment:
I am so glad some of my grandsons got to participate in this. It won't happen for at least another 25 years! My heart just swelled with spiritual emotion looking at the pictures Donnie took. Love you guys and so humble and happy watching the way you are raising those boys!
Post a Comment