Jan 22, 2012

2012 Pinewood Derby

This year was Carter's 1st Pinewood Derby and it was really exciting.  He had a lot of fun working on his car with his dad.  Carter designed it and Donnie helped cut it out.  They worked on painting together and getting the flames on.  I think that it turned out pretty good.  I think he names it Blue Thunder (not totally sure about that though).  That night Carter took 1st in the Wolfs and 2nd overall.  I guess now Carter has to decide if he wants to go to Districts.  That will be a whole other post.  Anyways, that night was great and I now he had a awesome time. The Den leader had a plaque for every boy, so that they could hang their car on a wall.  They turned out really nice.
Carter is in lane two. If you can see his face, he is concentrating really hard.

Afterwards they had a NO Rules race for anyone that wanted to have some fun.  This is what Donnie did.  Everyone thought it was pretty funny.  There was also a car there with a fan on it.  Overall I think everyone had a great time. 



















Both of my boys after the race. 
Posted by a race car mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had a great time. so fun to be a part of your family. love mom

Roxanne said...

Oh how fun!!! I hope I get to actually be at another Pine Wood Derby soon... I LOVED it last year! Tell Carter gramma says "waytogo!" and give him big hugs...